Monday, January 28, 2013

Snippets from the Kitchen #1

Cooking is like my escape from school work these days. I've never really been into cooking until this year. My mom never really liked to cook very much so I just never really did either. When I got to school, I realized what I had been missing out on. I decided that once a week I will post a little "snippet" from my kitchen and share some of my favorite recipes with you!

When I was little, my mother used to make this awesome side dish that we always referred to as brown rice. Not the typical brown rice that people are used to, but a very different version of brown rice. My brother and I were so excited when we would smell it in the kitchen and devoured the whole pan in minutes. It's really that good. Not to mention, it is SO easy. You mix it, cover it, and leave it alone for an hour! It can be made with pork chops, which I did this time. Here is the recipe and some pictures of what it will look like.

Brown Rice

Items Needed:
1 cup rice
1 can Consomme Soup
1 can French Onion Soup
1/2 stick of butter


How cute is that 1/2 stick of butter?? I had no idea they were sold as 1/2 sticks.



Mix your ingredients together. 


Place Pork Chops on top of mixture, if you are adding them. {You can absolutely make the brown rice by itself.} Now just cover and cook for 1 hour on 350!



Tada! Don't judge it by the looks, it really is delicious. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Directions:
1. Mix ingredients together and place in pan
**Optional: place boneless pork chops on top of mixture
2. Cover and cook at 350 for one hour

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...